The Old Mutual Education Trust was founded by Old Mutual as part of the Black Economic Empowerment (BEE) transaction announced in April 2005.
The Trust provides scholarships for higher education to members and staff of the participating trade unions, and their dependants.
The participating unions are:
- DENOSA (Democratic Nursing Organisation of South Africa).
- NATU (National Teachers' Union).
- NEHAWU (National Education Health and Allied Workers' Union).
- NUM (National Union of Mine Workers)
- PEU (Professional Educators' Union)
- POPCRU (Police and Prisons' Civil Rights Union)
- SACCAWU (South African Commercial, Catering and Allied Workers' Union).
- SACWU (South African Chemical Workers' Union)
- SADTU (South African Democratic Teachers' Union).
- SASBO (The Finance Union)
Who may apply?
You may apply only if you are:
- A member or staff member of one of the participating Trade Unions.
- A child of a member or staff member, and are under the age of 25.
- A grandchild or other child blood relation of the member or staff member, and are under the age of 25, and are solely financially dependent on the member.
How to apply?
Visit our Application Forms page and download the form relevant to you.