Education, information sharing and skills development are key aspects of successful transformation. In addition Old Mutual is committed to empowering South African's who were excluded from the economic arena by the inequities of the past. With this in mind, we sponsor a number of initiatives that promote learning, growth and excellence.
The Old Mutual and Nedbank Budget Speech Competition
The Old Mutual and Nedbank Budget Speech Competition is an annual initiative through which Nedbank and Old Mutual seek to nurture and invest in the next generation of economists, decision makers and thinkers. Generous cash prizes are awarded for the three top essays in the postgraduate and undergraduate categories.
Visit the Nedbank and Old Mutual Budget Speech Competition for further information.
MBA Gold Medal Awards
The MBA Gold Medal Awards were introduced to recognise excellence in Masters of Business Administration (MBA) students. Only students who achieve a minimum of 75% qualify for consideration. Those who are awarded a medal become Old Mutual Scholars.
- The University of Cape Town’s Graduate School of Business.
- The University of Stellenbosch’s Business School.
- The University of South Africa’s (UNISA) Graduate School of Business Leadership.
- The Potchefstroom University’s Business School.
- The University of Witwatersrand’s Business School.
Ten, 9ct gold medals and certificates are awarded at the annual awards ceremony hosted by Old Mutual.