Why we're committed to transformationOld Mutual has achieved level 1 status for the first year with a Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (B-BBEE) score of 116.14 for the 2019 financial year. Prior to this Old Mutual had consistently achieved level 2 status for ten consecutive years (2009 - 2018).
As a responsible business, Old Mutual's business strategy is closely aligned with the National Development Plan (NDP). Old Mutual is one of the key players in facilitating the economic inclusion of more South Africans and helping build a capable state very seriously.
As a responsible business and a leader in the financial services industry, we need to fully embrace the philosophy and principles of transformation by:
- Redressing past inequalities
- Embedding the principles of B-BBEE into our DNA
- Securing long term stability and growth
- Enhancing economic growth and creating a diverse work force
- Ensuring that our empowerment activities add value and contribute sustainably to the transformation agenda of our organisation and our society