Customer PrivacyWe are 100% committed to protecting your privacy and to ensure that your personal information is collected and used properly, lawfully and transparently.
We collect and process your personal information mainly to provide you with access to our services and products, to help us improve our offerings to you and for certain other purposes explained below.
The "we" refers to one or more of the companies in Old Mutual Limited that operate in South Africa.
We collect and process your personal information mainly to help us improve our offerings to you. The information we collect is directly from you - for example, the personal details you provide when purchasing a product, using a service or when you make contact with us. When possible, we tell you what information is required what is optional.
With your consent, we may also supplement the information that you provide to us with information we receive from other companies in Old Mutual Limited. And when it comes to our website, information is collected using “cookies” which allows us to collect standard internet visitor usage information.
- Third parties such as credit reference and fraud prevention agencies, law enforcement agencies
- Other insurers to prevent fraudulent claims
- Other third parties from whom you have chosen to receive marketing information
When do we disclose your information?
- When required to by law;
- Where we believe it is necessary to protect our rights
- Information Security
We are legally obliged to provide adequate protection for the personal information we hold and to stop unauthorised access and use of personal information. We will, on an ongoing basis, continue to review our security controls and related processes to ensure that your personal information is secure.
Our security policies and procedures cover:
- Physical security
- Computer and network security
- Access to personal information
- Secure communications
- Security in contracting out activities or functions
- Retention and disposal of information
- Acceptable usage of personal information
- Governance and regulatory issues
- Monitoring access and usage of private information
- Investigating and reacting to security incidents
- When we contract with third parties, we impose appropriate security, privacy and confidentiality obligations on them to ensure that personal information that we remain responsible for, is kept secure
We may need to transfer your personal information to another country for processing or storage. We will ensure that anyone to whom we pass your personal information agrees to treat your information with the same level of protection as we are obliged to.
You can request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. To do this, simply log into MyPortfolio to review your personal information or contact us 0860 50 60 70 and specify what information you would like. We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing details of your personal information.
Any such access request may be subject to a payment of a legally allowable fee.
In certain cases you have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. You have the right to ask us to update, correct or delete your personal information. You may do this by logging into MyPortfolio to review and change your personal information or by contacting us on 0860 50 60 70.
We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before making changes to personal information we may hold about you.
Please note that we may amend this Notice from time to time. Please check this website periodically to inform yourself of any changes.
You have the right to complain to the Information Regulator, whose contact details are:
Tel: 012 406 4818
We will use your personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected or agreed with you, for example:
- To provide our products or services to you, to carry out the transaction you requested and to maintain our relationship
- For underwriting purposes
- To assess and process claims
- To conduct credit reference searches or verification
- To confirm and verify your identity or to verify that you are an authorised user for security purposes
- For operational purposes, and where applicable, credit scoring and assessment and credit management
- For purposes of claim checks (e.g. the ASISA Life and Claims Register)
- For the detection and prevention of fraud, crime, money laundering or other malpractice
- For debt tracing or debt recovery
- To conduct market or customer satisfaction research or for statistical analysis
- For audit and record keeping purposes
- In connection with legal proceedings
- We will also use your personal information to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or industry codes to which we subscribe or which apply to us, or when it is otherwise allowed by law (for example to protect Old Mutual's interests)
Please sms your ID number to 30994 if you do not want to receive such financial services information. You may opt out at any time if you don’t want to receive any further communications of this nature.
You may also give and withdraw consent and tell us what your communication preferences are by logging in to MyPortfolio or by contacting us on 0860 50 60 70.