What is an Accounting bursary?We offer bursaries to the best young financial minds and to people who are passionate about pursuing a career in Chartered Accounting. Ready to make a difference in the financial industry? The Old Mutual Accounting bursary is a stepping stone to your future career.
- Trainees are provided with a broad exposure in all spheres of finance as prescribed as by SAICA
- You will get exposed to accounting and external reporting, management decision-making and control, financial management, risk management, governance and taxation
- Covers most of the costs such tuition and accommodation
- The bursary provides support for the duration of your degree
Part of the growth and development of this country is developing and guiding the next generation of Accountants. Find out how Old Mutual empowers and develops its future Accountants. Watch the video.
- If you are a South African citizen then you can apply for the bursary.
- You need to have passed matric with at least 70% or Level 6 for all subjects including Mathematics (not Maths Literacy) and English
- You also need to commit to our CA Training Programme, after which you will work for Old Mutual
Old Mutual Accountancy Bursaries cover:
- The costs of tuition at University of Cape Town (UCT), University of Stellenbosch, University of Pretoria and WITS.
- Residence fees and one annual return flight home for students who are not studying in their hometown.
We believe in extensive training and development for our graduates in order to become a competent Chartered Accountant. As this is imperative for Old Mutual, trainees are assigned to qualified and experienced mentors and supervisors.