What is an Actuarial bursary?
What's in it for you?
- Full tuition, accommodation with meals, general and books allowance
- Travel allowance (where applicable) and incentives for good performance
- Academic and emotional support,
- Good networking opportunities and vacation work from second year
What do Actuaries do?
Actuarial resource development
Part of the growth and development of this country is developing and guiding the next generation of Actuaries. Watch the video.
Find out what it means to be an Actuary.
Who can apply
- If you are a South African citizen then you can apply for the bursary
- Students who received an A in Maths (not Maths literacy) and Bs for all your other subjects in matric
- Must study at either:
- North-West University
- University of Cape Town
- University of Stellenbosch
- University of Pretoria
- University of the Witwatersrand
- University of Free State
See what the requirements are to get the bursary and what the bursary has to offer.
- Employment after university.
- Mentoring by an experienced, qualified actuary.
- In-house rotation programme exposing you to professional development across all areas.