What is SuperFund?Old Mutual SuperFund is Old Mutual's flagship umbrella fund solution, created specifically to meet the diverse employee benefit needs of all types of employers and employees - in one holistic solution. At the same time, it offers the one thing that every employer and employee wants when designing the financial future they desire – more choice to meet their needs.
- A range of retirement fund solutions designed to meet the unique needs of every business
- You are able to retain your staff by means of value-adding benefits
- You save money - all our solutions are cost effective
- Quick and easy implementation and maintenance. You get the best of the benefits without the fuss
- Compare the cost – we give you a clear view of the costs so that you can compare us with other commercial umbrella funds. Read more
- We also offer help with unclaimed benefits. Find out more here
- For companies with five or more employees
- Easy to manage retirement and risk benefits
- Pre-packaged, no-fuss and cost-effective solution
- Customise your (employer) retirement fund contribution levels
- No medical check-ups for members (participating employees)
- Investment choice with trustee-designed retirement investment options
- Suited to medium- to large businesses
- Minimum total monthly contribution of R15 000 required
- Able to tailor your risk benefits for employees
- Fully customisable solution gives you hands-on involvement in formulating the retirement and risk benefits
- For businesses with 100 or more employees and R1bn in retirement fund assets
- Choose Old Mutual or any provider of your choice
- Get access to approved independent investment advisers
As an employer, it is very important that you make it easy for your employees to keep their retirement plans on track by preserving their retirement savings if their career paths change. Old Mutual SuperFund offers a number of excellent preservation solutions to offer your fund members.
SuperFund Preserver - Allows your employees to remain SuperFund members even if they no longer work for your business.
Protektor - Allows anyone who is a retirement fund member to keep their retirement savings invested and growing if they leave their job.
Deferred Retirement - Provides the option for retiring members who don't need to access their benefit to keep it invested, protected and growing until they're ready to access it.
SuperFund Solutions at Retirement offers two trustee-endorsed annuity options designed to meet the majority of retirement income needs and preferences of SuperFund members.
The annuities are:
Old Mutual Fund Select Annuity - a guaranteed annuity option that pays the pensioner a monthly income for the rest of their life.
Old Mutual Max Income - A living annuity that allows pensioners to choose which investment portfolio their retirement fund savings are invested into, and what percentage of their total invested amount will get paid to them as an income.
All SuperFund members have free access to a Retirement Benefits Counsellor (RBC) as they approach retirement age. The counsellor is not a financial adviser, but is mandated to give members advice on their retirement investment, preservation or deferment options.
This page gives you the most recently updated information about the different investment portfolios available to Old Mutual SuperFund members. You can also access:
- Investment Performance Reports
- Investment Guides
- SuperFund Investment Provider Profiles
Contact one of our Corporate Consultants for assistance:
- Johannesburg - 011 217 1000
- Pretoria - 012 368 3540
- Western Cape - 021 509 0700
- KwaZulu-Natal - 031 581 0600
- Eastern Cape - 041 391 6300
- Bloemfontein - 051 444 0831
SuperFund Disclaimer - read the disclosures that need to be made in terms of the requirements of the Protection of Personal Information legislation (PPI).
SuperFund Trustees - the Trustees are responsible for the management of the Funds and have to carry out certain fiduciary duties. Find out what these are and a bit on the Trustees.
Take a look at the different investment funds available to Old Mutual SuperFund members.
You'll find brochures, employer communications, member communications, intermediary communications and more on our SuperFund Communications Hub page.