Imagine the hassle of juggling with different insurance policies separately – be it your house insurance, car insurance and your valuables. It can be a daunting task and often too expensive. With Old Mutual Insure, you can cover your house, car, personal liability and all risks insurance under one comprehensive policy. You can also cover other assets such as motorcycles, caravans, trailers and boats – all combined under our allsure policy, an all-in-one short-term insurance solution customised to meet your individual needs.


Allsure value-added benefits include emergency roadside, home and medical assistance benefits. Read more...


Pay for what you need
Choose the insurance that you want or need and only pay for that.
Motor vehicle benefits
Towing cost cover, replacement cost cover for keys, locks and remote controls, all automatically included as part of your vehicle insurance policy.
when to start
Accident Management
Fast and efficient towing assistance to the nearest approved towing centre, if any of your insured vehicles are involved in a car accident.
when to start
Emergency assistance
Swiftcare Emergency assistance both at home or on the road, available 24/7 in South Africa and on a telephonic basis in neighbouring countries. Download our Emergency App.
HIV Prevention
Providing immediate medical assistance and preventative treatment for accidental exposure to HIV through rape, assault, needlestick injuries and other exposures.
Short-term insurance is like a financial blanket that keeps you protected. Find all the information you need in a fun, easy-to-understand format.


Simply call us on 0860 22 55 63, request a call back, or speak to your broker, and start protecting your assets in South Africa with allsure today.


For a fast and easy claims settlement process, call 0861 247 365 or visit our Claims page.
For emergency assistance contact our Swiftcare service on 0860 247 365.

To help you better understand the Old Mutual Insure allsure product, we’ve listed some questions below.


What value added benefits do I get with vehicle insurance?

By insuring your vehicle with allsure, you’ll automatically qualify for a range of additional benefits, including:

Towing cost cover: covering the cost of towing if arranged through the Old Mutual Insure Swift Accident Management Solutions help desk (0860 247 365), should your insured vehicle ever be in an accident.

Replacement cost cover: covering the cost of loss or damage to vehicle keys, locks and remote controls.

Car hire cover: available for up to 30, 60, or 90 days, should you need a short-term replacement for your insured vehicle.


What does replacement value mean?

The replacement value of goods is what it would cost you to replace all your belongings with similar brand-new ones at the time of a claim. When you submit a claim, your insurer will calculate the replacement value you should have insured yourself for. If you have insured your belongings for less than this amount, your insurer will only pay a part of your claim and you will be responsible for the difference.

What is insurable interest?

To have an insurable interest in an item, you would stand to suffer direct, measurable, financial loss if the item were lost, damaged or destroyed. For example, if your TV set to the value of R2 000 has been stolen from your home, as the owner of the TV you would have suffered a measurable loss of R2 000 due to your having a financial (insurable) interest in the TV set.

What does it mean to be under-insured?

Under-insurance means you don't have adequate insurance to cover the full replacement value of the assets you have insured. For example, let’s say you’ve insured your household contents for R80 000 and your house is broken into. Goods with a replacement value of R30 000 are stolen, which you claim under your home insurance policy with Old Mutual Insure. Following an assessment, it is found that the current replacement value of your total household goods before the theft was actually R100 000 and not R80 000 as insured. This means that you were under-insured by 20% and only 80% of your claim will be paid, i.e. R24 000 and not the R30 000 claimed.

Why do I have to pay an excess if I claim?

An excess (also known as a deductible or first amount payable) is essentially an underwriting fee charged to minimise the number of small administratively expensive claims, or to reduce a loss ratio, and to impose a duty of care on the insured. Excesses are usually charged either as a percentage of a claim, or as a fixed amount. For example, if you lose your watch, valued at R800, and the excess applicable is R200, the claim will be settled in the amount of R600. However, if a burst pipe results in damage of R375 to a ceiling and the excess applicable is R500, the cost would be for your own account due to it being less than the R500 excess.


What if my policy information changes?

Changes of information could affect your cover and your premium, and as such need to be communicated to us immediately. These changes could include moving to a new residence, changing the regular driver of your insured motor vehicle, convictions for offences relating to dishonesty (against you or someone covered under your policy) and allowing tenants to rent your property.

How can I avoid being under-insured?

In order to avoid being under-insured, we recommend that you assess the value of your home contents regularly to ensure that you are covered for the correct amount. Use our Contents Calculator tool to assist you. When doing so, remember to bear the following in mind:

  • The replacement value of goods will change over time.
  • If your policy is not reviewed and the higher replacement value is not taken into account, your cover will become inadequate.
  • You, or an expert, will need to make a realistic estimate of the true replacement value of your insurable assets, equipment and more.
  • Remember to update your household inventory list and list of other assets on a regular basis to ensure that any new items are included, and remove items that that you no longer have.

Tips for completing a household inventory:

  • Move methodically from room to room in your home, and assess each room item by item.
  • Record the make, models and serial numbers of major household appliances. Retain your original purchase documents such as invoices and operating manuals.
  • Most policies limit cover for expensive items such as jewellery, artworks, stamps and coins, furs, rugs and loose carpets. You may need to insure these items separately under the All Risks sections of your insurance policy.
  • To determine the value of the items it may be easier to use the store catalogues, or to visit an online shopping site.

Once you have completed the inventory form, submit the form to your broker or insurer as a permanent record of your current value at risk. Video recordings or photographs will make it easier to record and identify your household items. Your inventory should be updated annually or alternatively periodically when you acquire additional household goods.

Looking for motor-only insurance?
Car, 4x4 or 4x2 vehicle cover.
Off on a vacation, or a business trip?
Get Travelsure travel insurance