Old Mutual Personal Loan
Why get a loan from Old MutualWe make borrowing affordable and easy to understand.
What do I need to apply for a personal loan?
Besides being at least 18 years old and a South African citizen, you will need the following to apply.
- ID document
- 3 months bank statements not older than seven days
- Latest payslip
Know your credit score
Having access to your credit score allows you to keep a finger on the pulse of your credit health. With CreditView, you can check your score anytime for free. Sign up today, and you’ll see exactly where you stand and what you can do to improve your credit score.
If you have a few loans or credit accounts to pay off, you can make repayment easier by bundling all your debt into a single debt consolidation loan. This reduces your admin fees to one and allows you to restructure your debt.
- Simplify repayment with a single monthly debit order
- Reduce your admin fees to one
- Restructure your debt
- With a personal loan, you can borrow between R2000 and R250 000
- Loans are repaid over a period between 3 and 72 months
- Interest rates are fixed. This way you know what your installment will be for the duration of the repayment period irrespective of any changes in the repurchase rate set by the Reserve Bank.
- Interest – your interest rate will depend on your affordability and personal credit profile. The maximum interest rate is equal to the repo rate plus 21%.
- Monthly service fee – a standard monthly service fee of R60 (excluding VAT) is applied to all loan accounts.
- Credit life premium – a credit life premium is charged monthly (for loan terms of 12 months and longer). This premium is based on the Rand value of your loan at the time of application.
- Initiation fee – a once-off initiation fee is applied to new loans. This is R165 plus 10% of the loan amount in excess of R1,000 (capped at R1,050 excluding VAT).
- You need to earn at least R2500 per month
- You need to be between the ages of 18 and 60 years old
- You need to be a South African citizen
- To apply for a loan, you need to have been permanently employed at the same employer for at least 3 months
If your loan application is successful, we will pay out the loan within 24 hours* after it has been approved.
*disbursement times may vary
Requesting multiple loan quotes in a short period of time may impact your credit score.
Your loan installment consists of the following costs:
Some recommended reading to help you understand loans, credit and credit scores.
The use of the online calculator is discretionary and calculations are estimates. Old Mutual Finance gives no warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy of such estimates and does not accept any liability for loss or damage of any nature whatsoever, which may result from the use and/or reliance of estimates provided by the calculator. All loans are subject to a full credit assessment.
Old Mutual loan offerings are made available through Old Mutual Finance (RF) (Pty) Ltd, a Licensed Financial Services and Registered Credit Provider (NCRCP35)
Payment options range from 3 to 72 months. Interest calculated monthly. A once-off initiation and admin fees apply. The maximum interest rate is 24.5% annually. Representative Example: Credit of R5,000 borrowed for 3 months. Total interest payable over loan period: R291.09. Once off initiation fee: R649.75. Monthly admin fee R69. Total Amount Payable: R6,147.84.