What is On The Money?
- You will know what money personality you are and how to work with that
- You'll understand the importance of changing your financial behaviour
- You will know how to break old habits that get in the way of your financial stability
- You will be able to establish new, healthy financial habits
People in the entertainment industry are often seen as being reckless with their money and there’s a dire need to educate young media personalities on the importance of money management, in order to help avoid instances where people retire from the industry and they’re broke. Old Mutual Head’s Head of Financial Education, John Manyike, talks with a few well-known SA’s soccer legends on their career highlights and some financial fouls they’ve committed during their soccer days. Listen to our exciting 6 part “Diski Icons” podcast series as they share their lessons learnt with us. #DiskiIcons
On The Money launches new podcast series
Catch John Manyike, Head of Financial Education at Old Mutual as they launch their brand new podcast series featuring various media personalities (and those not in the limelight!) as they chat about their relationships with money.
The holidays have left many South Africans facing the New Year with financial hangovers and their money problems could last well into 2022.
However, there are a couple of steps that you can take to get your personal finances back in shape, like seeking expert advice from a financial adviser.
Catch interviews of our Old Mutual On The Money Financial Education facilitators, live on Thobela FM & Ukhozi FM, as they talk about how a financial adviser can help you gain control of your finances and build a better financial future for yourself and your loved ones.
When the excitement of the wedding day is done and the glow of a honeymoon has been replaced by daily routine, many couples find out that they still have a lot to learn about each other. Often, the discussions will centre on what is mine, what is yours and what is ours. At the heart of the problem is money and disagreements about how it should be spent and saved. Catch interviews of our Old Mutual On The Money Financial Education facilitators live on Lesedi FM & Ukhozi FM, as they talk about the importance of speaking openly with your partner about finances before getting married.
Find out the secret of each of the Big Five animals and apply it to your everyday money management.
Eat first ahead of the pack by committing to an automatic, fixed savings plan. This will help you change your spending patterns. Even if you save small amounts, you will be developing a savings habit.
The Secret of the Lion brochure will help you:
- Commit to a savings plan.
- Identify the minimum savings level you should have and how to achieve this.
- Identify different savings vehicles available to you.
Have a clear idea of your goals and what you are saving for. Be realistic - the leopard always aims for things it knows it can get.
The Secret of the Leopard brochure will help you:
- Record clear and specific short - medium- and long-term visions that are realistic, achievable and inspiring.
- Understand the importance of reflecting on and researching your visions, and the best way to get support for achieving them.
- Use your visions to ensure easier and more consistent financial discipline
Knowledge is power. The elephant never forgets. Human memory is a little unreliable. Proper record-keeping will help you understand your spending habits much better and how to change them to suit your income and future goals.
The Secret of the Elephant brochure will help you:
- Identify different kinds of expenses and how to manage them.
- Develop a family budget at least once a year.
- List a simple five-step budgeting process that works.
- Develop a plan to track difficult variable expenses using the elephant envelopes method.
Getting out of debt can be one of life's most difficult challenges, but it is also one of the most important things you can ever do. The rhino's weapon is to charge. When threatened, it looks for the biggest threat and charges, taking swift control of the situation. Learn from the rhino by charging down your debt as fast as you can.
The Secret of the Rhino brochure will help you:
- Plan and manage your debt.
- Identify the risk, pitfalls, limitations and unforeseen events that affect a budget
- Understand how to charge down your debt.
- Explain the consequences of not having a good credit rating.
The mighty buffalo is deliberate and steady. It steadily grows and protects its herd, knowing its strength and future are in its numbers. Financial institutions invest your money to make it grow. Our lesson is that it's important to leave your investment for a long period of time - so it can grow. Choose investments that suit you and stick to them.
The Secret of the Buffalo brochure will help you:
- Understand why you have to invest to increase your assets.
- Understand the power of compound interest.
- List and explain the four financial options to save money.
- Know your rights when dealing with investment brokers and products.