Want to know how to budget?Let us help you take charge of your finances so you can invest and save more for your future. It's not an easy task, especially with all the temptations and latest trends that distract you from reaching your financial goals. We all do it, right? splurge on items we don't need. You need to have will power and be intentional about your budget.
How do I budget like a boss?
Start by making a note of every rand you spend, luckily with a smartphone you can download 22seven, a free budgeting tool."
. Divide your expenses into groups:
- Fixed expenses - these are essentials like utility bills, rent, mortgage, levy, insurance, debt repayments, subscriptions and bank fees.
- Variable expenses - can change monthly like your groceries, toiletries, transport, data, clothes, fuel and entertainment.
- Saving expenses - If you have a goal you are saving towards then it's best to also add the expenses that come with your savings plan.
Experts often mention the 50/20/30 formula. That means allocating
- 50% of your budget for fixed expenses and,
- 30% for flexible costs, with
- 20% going towards saving.
If it's hard to do it on your own then check out 22seven. It will help you by creating a personalised budget and keep track of your money.