Watch some of the highlights from the last 10 years of OMSIM.
2020 Old Mutual Savings & Investment Monitor (Covid-19 survey)
This year in light of the global Covid-19 pandemic Old Mutual has done a specific OMSIM research survey with a particular focus on the attitudinal and behavioural shifts of working metropolitan South African households as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic. This year our online research survey involved the participation of 1500 respondents.
As a customer-centric business, the annual OMSIM research findings enable us to understand and find innovative ways to respond to the changing financial needs of our customers, and enable them to be their exceptional best. There is no greater time than now to Know Better to Do Better.
In today’s market, companies must find new ways to connect with customers in a meaningful way and meet their diverse range of financial needs. That means understanding their needs, creating the propositions that will meet those needs, and remaining relevant. Our annual OMSIM research findings enable us to understand and find innovative ways to respond to the changing financial needs of our customers, and enable them to be their exceptional best.
Video 1: OMSIM Covid-19 - Overall sentiment
Video 2: OMSIM Covid-19 - Impact of COVID 19
Video 3: OMSIM Covid-19 - Debt
Video 4: OMSIM Covid-19 - Dependency and stokvels
Knowledge is power because when you know better you tend to do better. Old Mutual wants to empower you with the knowledge and insights you need to steer your finances safely through the economic turbulence caused by the pandemic.
- Maya Fisher French, personal finance journalist and author - Facilitator
- Macroeconomic perspective provided by Izak Odendaal (Old Mutual Multi Managers)
- Key research findings by Lynette Nicholson, Research Manager, Old Mutual
- Financial Education tips by John Manyike, Head of Financial Education, Old Mutual
- Question & Answers session
Watch Research Findings and Helpful Tips Panel
Watch Know Better Do Better Discussion with John Manyike and Maya Fisher-French
Watch the full Webcast Recording with Maya Fisher-French
Reports, Presentations & Press Release:
Previous ResultsThe Old Mutual Savings & Investment Monitor surveys the savings and investment habits and behaviours of working metro households in South African. View all the resutls since the inception of the Monitor.
- 2017 Old Mutual Savings & Investment Monitor (presentation)
- View the 2017 Key Savings & Investment Trends (presentation)
- Macro Economic view of the South African savings landscape (presentation)
- Media release: Old Mutual survey shows South Africans starting to manage debt better
- Media release: Stagnant economy drives South Africans to work multiple jobs and become entrepreneurs
- Media release: Empower yourselves now to avoid retirement cliff, Old Mutual urges South Africans
- Article: SA's slow growth will make it harder to save, warns economist (Fin24)
- Article: SA's gross rate of saving at shocking 3% (Fin24)
Research Results (main results slide presentation)